18 July 2012

Gotemba Premium Outlet

On the 16th of this month, me and my friend headed down to Gotemba Premium Outlet for shopping. We expect it would be really crowded since it's a public holiday (Marine Day) but it turned out to be quite OK (as in normal). We were actually expecting that there will be more shops offering TIME SALES since it's a holiday and that is why we wouldn't mind even if it's really crowded. If you're wondering what's TIME SALES, I'll explain it here. For a time limit, there will be an additional of 10 - 20% discount when you pay your goods at the cashier. For example, lets say you got a 50% off item and during that time limit, you will get an additional of 10% or 20% off when you pay at the cashier. Sometimes, there's restriction of 2 items and above or a specific amount and above. In that case, you can combine with your friends if you're not getting that much. It's really worth it when they've TIME SALES!! So, don't miss this chance if you ever see any shops having TIME SALES in JAPAN. This is the 4th outlet I've been to in Japan and all are equally good. It actually depends on what you're looking for. If you wanna get branded goods like Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Dior, Chloe etc., I think Gotemba Outlet has it all. In fact, I think Gotemba Outlet has the most brands. Also, I find it easier to walk in that Outlet since it does not have 2 levels. The other Outlets I went to like Rinku Premium Outlet (Osaka), Jazz Dream Premium Outlet (Nagoya) and Tama Minami Osawa Mitsui Outlet (Hachioji, Tokyo) has 2 levels, so it's hard to see everything at one glance since you will get confused and don't know where to start, if you know what I mean. Here's the surrounding of this outlet.
Besides, you'll be able to see Mt. Fuji from this outlet too. A pretty clear view I would say!!
It takes 90-100minutes from Yokohama St. on the JR Tokaido Line and Gotemba Line to Gotemba St. for 1450yen (one way) and there's a free shuttle bus to the Premium Outlet. You can also get there from Shinjuku St. or you can choose to go by bus which cost around 1650yen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Missuety, I hope this finds you well. I'm thinking to go one of this outlet either gotemba or the one in Nagoya because of the roller coster :-D lol. Did you check out the prada in Gotemba?

    ReplyDelete